After playing tennis, I have a small pain in the front right part of my knee, and soreness/stiffiness along the back inside of that knee. What is it?

Dr. Nolan Segal
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: ??

It depends on if it is your right or left knee.
It would be better if you described inner or outer knee. It could be anything from tendon inflammation(tendinitis) to early signs of arthritis to possible internal derangement.

In brief: ??

Dr. Nolan Segal
Dr. Nolan Segal
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis

In brief: Knee pain

Tennis involves rapid starts & stops & changes of direction.
You may have strained a cruciate ligament or damaged the meniscus. See your fp/sports med specialist for evaluation & treatment. Meanwhile, nsaids & heat (unless there is swelling, then cold) to the knee may help.

In brief: Knee pain

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine