My tears come when I sit for long toilet. I am in good health and so far no known cases of any. Health problem. Is this normal?

Dr. Colin Kerr

In brief: Tears

This is not a lot to go on, but I have 2 suggestions.
1) could be part of stimulation of the nerves that control the bowels, particularly if you have constipation or cramps. 2) it may be simple sadness. Going to the toilet is a very private, quiet time, when often we reflect on our lives; it there are some heavy issues in your life, this is a time when they might be expressed in tears.

In brief: Tears

Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Lonna Larsh

In brief: Please explain more

Do you mean that tears come because you have a great deal of pain when you sit on the toilet a long time, or do you mean that tears come because you become sad? If you are having pain, could you please explain further - where is the pain? Is it around your anal area, or is it abdominal, or somewhere else? Are your bowel movements normal? Do you have any blood or other symptoms?

In brief: Please explain more

Dr. Lonna Larsh
Dr. Lonna Larsh
Dr. Andrea Brand