How common is it to get HIV from a non bleeding cut on your finger that contacts vaginal fluid?

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham

In brief: Can happen

The risk of contracting the aids virus from a needlestick with a contaminated needle is 3 in 1000.
The risk that you ask about likely would be in that range for a single exposure. If the exposure time was prolonged or repeated, then the risk would be proportionately higher. If you have been exposed, you should see your doctor for serologic testing and follow-up.

In brief: Can happen

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Unlikely but possibl

It is highly unlikely but possible.
I am not sure any person can give you an accurate incidence. It would depend on the viral titre, the depth of the wound, the amount of contact time, etc. The only way to know for sure is to get a blood test and repeat it.

In brief: Unlikely but possibl

It is highly unlikely but possible.
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Steven Seres