My back teeth keep chipping.What would a dentist do to stop this.My wisdom teeth are 90% through.I have very good oral hygiene and have no fillings?

Dr. Carla Enriquez
In brief: ? grinding
Bruxism, or grinding your teeth, can cause this to happen.
Check with your dentist to find out why this is happening.

In brief: ? grinding
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
In brief: Possible Bruxism
Bruxism can cause teeth to chip away by allowing too much constant pressure continually on these teeth.
Have your dentist check for this type of wear.

In brief: Possible Bruxism
Dr. Douglas Tavenner
Dr. Douglas Tavenner
In brief: Possible orthodontic
At 33 years old, i would assume that the most common cause of chipping teeth (assuming there is no tooth decay), would be a mal-aligned bite.
The uneven pressure during eating and closing would very likely cause teeth to chip and break. If you can not get braces right away to fix your bite, you might want to consider a bite guard to protect your teeth from additional damage until you get braces.

In brief: Possible orthodontic
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dr. Lon Kessler
Dentistry
In brief: Possibly Grinding
Chipping could be the result of teeth grinding or poor occlusion(bite).
I would consult your dentist.

In brief: Possibly Grinding
I would consult your dentist.
Dr. Lon Kessler
Dr. Lon Kessler
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
In brief: Chipping molars
Your erupting "wisdom teeth" may be crowding your other molars so that chipping is occurring.
See a dentist or oral surgeon for ways to alleviate the problem: may be simple mouth guard or possibly surgery to remove the wisdom teeth.

In brief: Chipping molars
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics
In brief: Multiple
Could be fractures in teeth from trauma, weakened enamel from cavities, malpositioned teeth, or grinding habit.
In any event your dentist will have the correct solution for your problem. Please make an appointment for examination and rx.

In brief: Multiple
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Jonathan Jassey