How to reduce swelling of leg once DVT treatment starts?

Stockings. According to the national blood clot alliance, if you have had a deep vein thrombosis (dvt), it is common to have residual swelling in the leg after the initial treatment. Graduated compression stockings help increase blood flow in the legs and reduce the swelling.
Stocking & elevation. I agree with drs wright & capeheart:properly fitting graduated compression stockings help increase blood flow in the legs and reduce the swelling especially when upright. They also reduce the risk of complication of DVT such as postphlebitic syndrome. Elevation feet to the level of the heart also helps when at rest.
Elevation. Leg above waist/ heart level to increase venous drainage. External compression stocking or wraps. Elevate foot of bed 1-2 inches use lazy boy style chair.