I lost two of my lower bicuspid teeth on both sides. Can I use braces to fix the gap? I don't think I need tooth extraction because my teeth are not crowded.

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Criteria

As a 19 year old, if the rest of your teeth are in correct position, and your occlusion (bite) is normal, it would be best to replace those missing teeth with implant supported crowns and as soon as possible to prevent drifting of your remaining teeth.
Otherwise i recommend that you consult with both an orthodontist and restorative dentist to work as a team & decide what treatment is best for you.

In brief: Criteria

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry

In brief: Consultation

See your general dentist and an orthodontist about your treatment goals.
Braces can close spaces, but my not be able to close all the space. Braces will, optimize the space so that you can possible have a bridge or implants to complete your treatment. Have your treatment plan worked out before you start so both dentist and orthodontist can work together.

In brief: Consultation

Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. Herman Liem
Dentistry

In brief: Braces can help

Sorry that you lost your teeth.
Yes, braces can close the gaps but if they are large, fixed bridges or implants can be placed. However, do not wait long since the back molars can tip forward and causes further collapse of the bite. This then can caused a TMJ problem in the future.

In brief: Braces can help

Sorry that you lost your teeth.
Dr. Herman Liem
Dr. Herman Liem
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: How long?

If teeth missing for a long time, bone may have dissolved away in bicuspid areas.
Also, other teeth have probably tipped and drifted. In most situations like this the best treatment is collaboration between the orthodontist and the restorative dentist to create the best possible platform on which to replace the missing teeth. See both for consultation.

In brief: How long?

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Gary Sandler
I couldn't agree more!
Dr. Lon Kessler
Dentistry

In brief: Maybe

Most likely you may need to replace at least one of the teeth with a bridge or implant.
Braces may also be indicated along with the tooth replacement.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Lon Kessler
Dr. Lon Kessler
Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice

In brief: DENTAL visit

This is a question for a dentist.

In brief: DENTAL visit

This is a question for a dentist.
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Phillip Frist
This question can not be answered without a good thorough dental exam. Are your gums and bone structure strong enough for braces? And healthy enough? Are all your remaining teeth in good condition?
Dr. Jonathan Jassey