I went to the lab & results are: white blood cells: 6.79 10e3/ul red blood cells: 5.47 10e6/ul. Mcv: 78.9 fl mch: 26.3 pg. Rdw: 10.9% why is this low?

Pathology

In brief: See below

Agree with Dr. R. All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that.
Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, if you are a woman, you may be iron deficient and may take oral iron and multivitamins. If you are male, do talk to your doctor soon.

In brief: See below

In brief: General medical only

The volunteer doctors on this portion of HealthTap have been asked to limit our input to general health/ medical information.
We have been asked to refrain from diagnostics (which would include interpretation of lab values).

In brief: General medical only

Dr. Joseph Roosth

In brief: Many answers

One would want the hemoglobin and hematocrit levels to more accurately answer your question.
The MCV above is borderline low based on a usual normal range that starts about 80. Low iron levels are the most common cause for a low mcv. I would have the complete blood count repeated before being overly worried about the above listed values.

In brief: Many answers

Dr. Joseph Roosth
Dr. Joseph Roosth
Dr. Arnon Rubin