I have a rash that only appears on my elbows, red raised itchy bumps. Sometimes it looks scabby or scaly. What is this and how do I get rid of it?

Dr. Doanh Nguyen, md, faaaai
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Pruritic skin rashes

Based on your age and description, the most common skin rash that are red, itch, and scaly is atopic dermatitis.
Psoriasis could be similar but it is not as itchy. Either case, you can try to apply otc Hydrocortisone cream to the lesions a few times a day plus moisturizer generously to always keep your skin moist. If it does not improve or not completely resolve, you would need to see a doctor.

In brief: Pruritic skin rashes

Dr. Doanh Nguyen, md, faaaai
Dr. Doanh Nguyen, md, faaaai