I have hashimotos and pcos how hard will it be for me to get pregnant.I am not ovulating at the moment that I know of but have just gone gluten free.?

Dr. William Lizarraga

In brief: Might be harder

I don't see how the gluten free diet will help, but if you're thyroid levels are normal (blood tests can determine this) and your pcos is being adequately managed, your chances are higher. One of the hallmarks of pcos is anovulation or irregular menses, so getting this regular will improve your chances.
This can be done with weight loss (very important) or medicines.

In brief: Might be harder

Dr. William Lizarraga
Dr. William Lizarraga
2 comments
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
I agree. If your thyroid is regulated medically your chances for conception will be improved, especially if you resume ovulation by weight reduction or by ovulation inducting medication.
Dr. Christopher Powers
Weight loss is often underemphasized with PCOS. Weight loss, even without PCOS, can cause anovulation (failure to release an egg), but for those with PCOS it can often mean the difference between ovulation and not. Moreover, heavy women, if they succeed in getting pregnant, have much higher risk pregnancies than those who are not overweight.
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Pediatrics - Endocrinology

In brief: Please see doctor

This is a difficult question to answer because your condition is complicated by pcos.
An underactive thyroid is easy to treat with levothyroxine once daily. However, pcos requires lifestyle modification and often medication to increase your likelihood to ovulate. A gluten free diet will not be helpful. In fact, gluten free foods are often higher in carbs which could worsen your condition.

In brief: Please see doctor

Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Mark Perloe
Fertility Medicine

In brief: How difficult?

I have no way of determining how difficult it will be to get pregnant without a full evaluation that evaluates hormones, fallopian tubes, sperm testing and a uterine evaluation.
Your age can also be a factor. It's impossible to provide meaningful info in 400 characters.

In brief: How difficult?

Dr. Mark Perloe
Dr. Mark Perloe
Dr. Adam Levy