I have excessive white mucus on stool, no blood, fatigue, or ab pain. What can I do or take? Fairly recent, it's been about a month or two.

Dr. Michio Abe

In brief: See a doctor

Stools normally contain a small amount of mucus as it's needed to keep the lining of the colon moist and lubricated.
But excessive mucus as you describe may not be normal especially if it's a new onset. Please see a doctor for evaluation.

In brief: See a doctor

Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Charles Cattano
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Mucus discharge

Mucus discharge occurs in up to 50% of patients with irritable bowel syndrome, with or without pain.
Mucus may also be produced in response to partial obstruction, chronic constipation, rectal dysfunction, infection, & even from secretory villous tumors of the rectum. At the very least stool studies & probably a sigmoidoscopy should be considered, but a more extensive evaluation may be warranted.

In brief: Mucus discharge

Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. Peter Kurzweil