How many hours of sleep should a 16 year old get?

Dr. Kevin Considine

In brief: As much as needed

Adolescents normally need more sleep than adults and this is not uncommon at all for them to sleep in late because of this.
I believe it is estimated that adolescents need up to 10 hours of sleep a day especially while growing. I have had 3 teens at home and can personally vouch for this :-).

In brief: As much as needed

Dr. Kevin Considine
Dr. Kevin Considine
Dr. Carla Enriquez

In brief: A lot

Adolescents need ~10 hrs of sleep on average.
Some need more some need less. Unfortunately, many teens stay up late playing video games or going on social media, & skip proper sleep. This is called behavioral dyssomnia. Poor sleep hygiene is a common pervasive problem in teens.

In brief: A lot

Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Shontae Buffington