Someone with gilbert's disease, billiruben of 1.6 & alk phos 169. Can I take tylenol (acetaminophen) 1000mg every 5 hrs like normal people?

Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
In brief: Gilbert
Yes is okay. However, there are going to be changes about maximal dose for Acetaminophen (tylenol (acetaminophen)) in the future due to risk of liver toxicity (many over the counter cold meds and narcotic meds have tylenol (acetaminophen) and people are not aware of it).
I am recommending no more than 3, 200mg per day, even as low as 2, 400mg per day. Still 4, 000mg is the maximal daily dose.

In brief: Gilbert
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. Steven Seres