I'm on antibiotics, was on cefprozil and got better. Now, a few days later, have flu symptoms, very bad with a fever. Can I have the flu? 99.7 was the temperature.

POSSIBLE. Viral infections (like influenza) do not respond to typical anti-biotics. Anti-biotics are for bacterial infections like strept throat, bacterial pneumonia, UTI ...You can get seen and get a flu swab can determine if you have influenza. A rx for tamiflu (an anti-viral med) may help, otherwise the treatment is: push fluids, rest, take tylenol (acetaminophen) (or generic) for fever. Hope you are better soon!
Yes. There are two major types of germs. Bacteria and viruses. Bacteria can be treated with antibiotics, viruses can not. Influenza or 'flu' is a virus, so even though you are on antibiotics, you can still get sick with the flu.
Possibly. Sounds more like you have the flu /viral syndrome rather than a bacterial cause. Antibiotcs do not help and 99 is not a fever! temperature has to be above 100.4 to be considered as one.
Possibly. Influenza or "the flu" is caused by a virus. Antibiotics treat bacterial infections such as staph, strep or pneumonia; but they don't treat viruses like the flu virus, cold virus or the ones that cause intestinal problems. One way to help differentiate between a cold and the flu is that a cold usually creeps up on you over a few days while the flu hits you pretty quickly over a day.