What is the cause of candida?

Dr. SG Erman

In brief: Nature

Candida is a natural organism, a type of fungus or yeast, that is a normal inhabitant of the G.
I. Tract. Occasionally canada can get in areas where it over grows and can cause symptomatic infections, like a female yeast infection, or certain kinds of jock itch and similar.

In brief: Nature

Dr. SG Erman
Dr. SG Erman
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis

In brief: Candida …

Or "yeast" is a fungus that is present in our surroundings & on our bodies.
In women, it is found in the vagina & normally controlled by bacteria (lactobacilli). When that balance is upset (due to increased food for the yeast—diabetes—or destruction of the lactobacilli—antibiotics—a "yeast infection" occurs. Candida may also flourish in damp, dark areas like skin folds, groin. Tx is antifungals —>.

In brief: Candida …

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
—> either topically or by mouth & correcting causes for its growth: control DM, keep groin & skin rolls dry, use antibiotics only when necessary & take probiotics when AB's are used.