Depression and mild ocd. I'm also on seroquel & ativan. How does Effexor (venlafaxine) XR help?

Depression/OCD. Ocd &ocd spectrum symptoms respond best to ssri's such as lexapro, fluvoxamine ..Etc. Medications like seroquel & other more potent Dopamine blockers are used as augmentation strategies. We generally try not to use short acting benzo's such as Ativan or xanax (alprazolam) because of interdose withdrawal, tolerance and gradual elevation of baseline anxiety (with time) please discuss with your psychiatrist.
Depression. Seroquel and Ativan help with calming your ocd symptoms. Effexor (venlafaxine) can help with that as well but it is for your depression. Seroquel can contribute to helping with depression as well.