Why do I still have some leg pain and swelling even after the clot is treated or gone?

Dr. George Valdez

In brief: Depends

Sometime it is treated but still partially there, sometimes there is scarring 'battlefield left after the war' and circulation just isnt the same, but it is good to be on the safe side and have doctor check if your not sure if clot is coming back.

In brief: Depends

Dr. George Valdez
Dr. George Valdez
Dr. Payam Rafat
I agree. Have it evaluated by your physician to get the appropriate treatment.
Dr. Charles Davant

In brief: Postphlebitic syndro

Even when the clot is gone, there may be lasting damage to the drainage from that leg.
You may always have some swelling and discomfort. Put your compression stocking back on.

In brief: Postphlebitic syndro

Dr. Charles Davant
Dr. Charles Davant
Dr. Peter Kurzweil