I am having bursitis problem in my hip mainly when get out of bed in the morning. My CT scan says"mild productive changes at the greater trochanter" ?

Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Hip Bursitis
I am not sure exactly what the term productive means on ct scan but the greater trochanter is the bone prominence you feel along the upper part of the leg.
It is a common area for bursitis. Many patients also have pain when they lay on the affected side. A local cortisone/steroid injection into the area can eliminate the problem or certainly reduce the pain.

In brief: Hip Bursitis
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
In brief: Trochanter bursitis
The greater trochanter is an attachment point for many muscles; next to it is a fluid-filled sac, the bursa.
"productive changes" on the ct report refer to inflammatory changes or osteophytes (bone spurs) which may be irritating the bursa=bursitis. Your doc may prescribe anti-inflammatory med (which also relieves pain) or, if condition is severe, may inject corticosteroid to relieve inflammation.

In brief: Trochanter bursitis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Adam Smith