Can a maxilofacial surgeon perform a nose job?

Nose job. A maxilofacial surgeron should be able to perform a "nose job" - but they tend to do more reconstructive work. If you have questions about a specific surgeon - call the office and ask. With regards to plastic surgery - definately get at least two opinions and prices before proceeding.
Ask about training. You should consult with an experienced nasal surgeon and inquire about their training, board certification and their personal experience. Most nasal surgery is performed by facial plastic, ENT or general plastic surgeons. However, some maxillofacial surgeons have received extra training in nasal surgery. You just need to ask the right questions and be informed.
Can vs. Should. Just as an auto mechanic may be able to paint a car, they aren't necessarily the best qualified for a finely detailed paint job. The training of a omfs surgeon may or may not include a great deal of rhinoplasty. (they often have good exposure to facial fractures). If you seek a rhinoplasty only, i would recommend an qualified ENT or facial plastic surgeon.
Pick wisely. An oral maxillofacial surgeon is trained in facial trauma and upper and lower jaw surgery. Most are not trained in rhinoplasty. I would seek out a facial plastic surgeon with an ENT background or a plastic surgeon experienced in rhinoplasty.
Rhinoplasty Surgeon. Whenever considering cosmetic surgery, you should always check the credentials of your surgeon and ask to see examples of their prior work. Plastic surgeon, ents, and maxillofacial surgeons are all familiar with the surgical anatomy of the nose, but only those with significant experience in the specifics of cosmetic rhinoplasty will be able to deliver the best possible result.