Is it safe and okay to take Plan B if I had unprotected sex, being that 4 weeks ago I delivered a baby?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Plan b works best when taken within 72 hours of unprotected sex.
If you are in that window then yes you should take it. Use condoms or now on and schedule a visit to discuss your birth control options.

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
If your are not breastfeeding, you could have ovulated as soon as 2 to 4 weeks after delivery.
It is reasonable to use Plan B for protection as you have no good way of knowing if you have ovulated or if you are about to ovulate. It would also be appropriate to consider ongoing contraception.

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Kevin O'neil
If you are breastfeeding exclusively and have not had a period, breastfeeding as a method of birthcontrol (also called lactational amenorrhea) is 95-98% effective in the first 6 months after delivery.
Dr. Jane Van Dis