What to do if i need clarification for my temporomandibular joint dysfunction or tmj. Please help!?

Dr. Joel Doyon
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: See a dentist

Have you been to a dentist and have you been diagnosed with tm dysfunction? If not, you should see a dentist to discuss your symptoms, have a thorough evaluation and then treatment options can be presented.

In brief: See a dentist

Dr. Joel Doyon
Dr. Joel Doyon
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: See a TMJ expert

See a TMJ expert. You can also do a virtual consent on this website.

In brief: See a TMJ expert

Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia

In brief: Research

Tmj/tmd exhibits a multitude of symptoms.
You can go to websites and read up on some of the common symptoms, but a thorough evaluation by a specialist is highly recommended. Some symptoms, such as an infected tooth, cysts, and other causes may mimic 'tmj.' my website, www.Jbassmantmj.Com shows a symptom list, but you really should be examined to rule TMJ or not.

In brief: Research

Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Gary Chapman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: See your dentist

If you are experiencing issues with your jaw joint(s), you should see your dentist to have them evaluate your symptoms and prescribe a course of treatment.
Tmj treatments vary widely depending upon the particular symptomology. Good luck!

In brief: See your dentist

Dr. Gary Chapman
Dr. Gary Chapman
Dr. Keegan Duchicela