I have a skin crack where my outer labia meet at the top. It comes back repeatedly. Haven't changed any habits. Very painful! help!?

Dr. Claude Parola

In brief: Herpetic lesion

Painful recurrent genital lesion is most like due to herpes type ii ( lesser extent type i), you need to see your doctor and have a culture of the lesion to confirm what it is, if herpes a detected, your doctor can give you a suppressive therapy with either valcyclovir, acyclovir, pencyclovir to prevent recurrence.

In brief: Herpetic lesion

Dr. Claude Parola
Dr. Claude Parola
Dr. Colin Kerr

In brief: Vaginal fissure

Any recurrent skin abnormality (sore, crack, growth) should be checked by a doctor for possible skin cancer.
Pain is your body's way of telling you that it should be checked.

In brief: Vaginal fissure

Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Jane Van Dis