How can I get my baby to take a bottle?

Dr. Ali Hallaj-pour

In brief: Mild hunger helps

Keep him a little hungry.
Chose a nipple with proper flow for your baby's age. Add few drops of milk on your baby's lip and allow him/her to taste the milk a little before you offer the bottle.

In brief: Mild hunger helps

Keep him a little hungry.
Dr. Ali Hallaj-pour
Dr. Ali Hallaj-pour
Dr. Michael Coogan

In brief: Enlist help

One trick that has worked frequently (for my children and my patients) is: when feeding time arrives, mother goes into hiding.
Daddy offers a bottle of breast milk. If baby refuses, put him down, then try again in 10 minutes. Once baby gets hungry enough, he takes the bottle. After a few episodes, baby will usually take the bottle from mommy, too.

In brief: Enlist help

Dr. Michael Coogan
Dr. Michael Coogan
Dr. Jonathan Jassey