Ulcerative colitis is smoking good for it?

Ulcerative colitis. Ulcerative colitis (uc) is less prevalent among smokers, and smoking can help reduce uc flares. If you are a smoker and want to continue smoking as a treatment of uc, you may want to try smoking cessation 1st to verify associations. While smoking may help you control uc flares, it's still not healthy for you for other reasons including cancer and cardiovascular risks. Consider nicotine patches.
Mixed. There is good evidence that the severity of ulcerative colitis is lessened in smokers, and a smoker with uc who stops smoke can anticipate a flare up. However smoking has its own nasty set of risks and problems on balance, it is probably better not to smoke under any circumstances. Your GI doctor can advise you of the best treatment for uc.