How to recover from brain stroke due to blood clot?

Close F/up. After a stroke due to a blood clot aka-embolic stroke, one should be carefully followed by a doctor. This includes blood thinning medication and monitoring, physical and occupational therapy and in cases of speech impairment - speech and swallow therapy. The severity and the amount of total recovery or lack of recovery from the stroke dictates the length and time of follow up and treatment.
Listen to your doc. Doesn't matter what the stroke cause is, unless you're dead (which you are probably not, since you've written this), there is a good chance you can benefit from stroke rehab. Your neurologist or physiatrist can tell you what your needs are and how to achieve your goals.