24 weeks pregnant, for an hour now my feet are very swollen to the point it hurts to point my feet. Hands and face are swollen too.. Normal?

Mike Moore

In brief: No!

You really need to go in and be checked by your ob-gyn or midwife without delay.
You could be experiencing pre-eclampsia. Best to have your health care provider check it out. If you develop a headache, or start to experiences flashes in your vision, you should go to the ed.

In brief: No!

Mike Moore
Mike Moore
Answer assisted by Mike Moore, Medical Student
Dr. Jana Tomsky

In brief: No it is not normal.

If you are pregnant passed 21 weeks and your hands and face are swollne - it should be investigated asap.
Feet swell often due to preasure on veins in groin area as pregnancy abdominal size is increassing. But reagrds to hands and face - blood preassure and other laboratory studies should be done emergently.

In brief: No it is not normal.

Dr. Jana Tomsky
Dr. Jana Tomsky
Dr. Jane Van Dis