What can be causing my upper right abdomen to keep spasing and it hurts when it happens goes and comes quick usually when I eat or drink or take medic?

Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice

In brief: Gallbladder attack

'right upper quadrant' pain with eating is a classic description of 'gallbladder attack'.
An ultrasound is needed to check for gallstones which may be passing during an attack. If the ultrasound is normal you still may have 'gallbladder dysfunction' diagnosed with a hida scan. Either way is time to get seen by primary doctor to get these tests ordered. You may need surgery to prevent complications.

In brief: Gallbladder attack

Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Peter Kurzweil