I am active duty military n sleep on a bad barracks bed, I have a lot of lower back pains, how can I relieve my back and new bed is not an opition?

Mike Moore

In brief: Egg Crate/Foam Pad

When i was in iraq i had the same problem. You can get a memory foam pad or "egg crate" pad at the px for not very much money.
That really helped my back, maybe it will help yours? If the problem is that the mattress/springs are too soft, you can try some 1/4" plywood under the mattress to stiffen it up. An air mattress might help, too.

In brief: Egg Crate/Foam Pad

Mike Moore
Mike Moore
Answer assisted by Mike Moore, Medical Student

In brief: Go To Sick-Call

Go to sick-call. This likely has nothing to do with your barracks' bed and more to do with physical condition status, posture (eg, scoliosis, etc), injury during pt (particularly on the long humps with a full pack), etc.
As a medical officer both on a ship and in the field I have frequently encountered lumbago secondary to the above rather than an uncomfortable rack. Good luck.

In brief: Go To Sick-Call

Dr. Patrick Sweet III
Dr. Patrick Sweet III
Dr. William Forsythe