Pain on top of first met above mid foot, sore to touch. 2nd & 3rd toe painful to touch, swelling on top of forefoot, no pain flexing toes. Cause?

Dr. Michael Wynn
Podiatry
In brief: Top of foot pain
That area of the foot has a few conditions that will cause your type of pain.
...Capsulitis, stress fractures, joint fractures, and nerve entrapments of the dorsal nerves of the foot. I would recommend you see a physician and get an examination with x-rays...

In brief: Top of foot pain
Dr. Michael Wynn
Dr. Michael Wynn
Dr. Mark Bromson
See my answer.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry
In brief: Complex
I would advise a visit to the podiatrist for further evaluation.
The reason: you seem to have more than one issue. A bony prominence overlying the first met-midfoot region would explain a bump and nerves run there so pain is possible. But those same nerves do not innervate the 2nd and 3rd toes. Since, there are multiple issues going on it deserves medical attention.

In brief: Complex
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Mark Bromson
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: X-rays may be normal
While i agree with dr. Wynn's answer, even if x-rays are negative you can still have a stress fracture; sometimes these will not show up on x-rays for several weeks, and sometimes it takes an mri.
I would recommend seeing an orthopaedic surgeon or a podiatrist for evaluation as the physical examination can be just as important as the x-rays.

In brief: X-rays may be normal
Dr. Mark Bromson
Dr. Mark Bromson
In brief: Pain
I agree with dr kass - sounds like it could easily be more than one problem .
See your podiatrist for an evaluation and x rays.

In brief: Pain
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. David Laha
Podiatry
In brief: Bony prominence?
One thing to consider is a bone prominence.
The first metatarsal cuneiform joint is a common location for an exostosis(bone spurring). This develops secondary to foot function and jamming of the joint. This prominence can be irritated by shoe gear causing pain an swelling. If this is present, try wearing shoes that don't cover the prominence, ice daily and take antiinflammatories. Dr l.

In brief: Bony prominence?
Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Most likely
Most likely some inflammatory disease , gout arthritis active, trauma, diabetes.
Please check it out .Thanks.

In brief: Most likely
Please check it out .Thanks.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied