Been suffering from eye allergies , in the mornings I have a hard time opening my eyelids. Is something wrong with my eyelid muscles?

Dr. Matthew Goren
Ophthalmology

In brief: Highly doubt it

Usually people with allergies like yours will develop mucous while they sleep which is probably making your eyelids stick together. Try using warm compresses before you go to bed and see if your eyes open more easily in the morning.

In brief: Highly doubt it

Dr. Bruce Saran
Ophthalmology

In brief: A few possibilities

This could be due to allergies or eye infections.
Allergies can cause secretions that stick lids together. Lthe treatments are very different. For allergies, zaditor (ketotifen) is a good otc eye medicine. For infection, usually of the eyelids, start with eyelid warm compress and diluted baby shampoo scrubs. You should have a baseline exam with your eye doctor.

In brief: A few possibilities

Dr. Steven Seres