I used dxm recreationally 7/19 and 7/20 for the first (and second) times. Can this cause suicidal ideation? Last taken >12 hours ago.

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Dextromethorphan

Used over the cough-suppressant doses on the label, this substance can produce psychosis, hallucination, and a dissociative state similar to ketamine.
In some it leads to euphoria, but others may experience the opposite with more impaired judgment and mental function, nausea, vomiting, etc. I don't know if what you took was mixed w/others. If suicidal, get help now. Call 911 or go to an er.

In brief: Dextromethorphan

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine