How can I make my husband feel included in the nursing process?

Dr. Michael Pappas
In brief: Help hold and burp
I can answer this as a father as well as a pediatrician.
Sometimes, with a newborn you just don't have a lot of direct contact, because mom does most of the work. But, we can be a strong second string. We can make mom more comfortable, massage our babies during nursing, help with burping, and hold your baby right after he/she has it's belly full.

In brief: Help hold and burp
Dr. Michael Pappas
Dr. Michael Pappas
Dr. Lisa Roberts
In brief: Let him bottle feed
It is important for dads to feel part of the feeding process.
Try pumping and storing some breast milk so that your husband has the chance to be a part of the process. This is a great bonding time for baby and dad. (it's also a great time for you to take a break.. Very healthy for you to do every now and then!).

In brief: Let him bottle feed
Dr. Lisa Roberts
Dr. Lisa Roberts
Dr. Jonathan Jassey