I've been drinking a lot of v8 juice lately. Could doing this cause me to see little red specks in my stool?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Could be

You're right that v8 contains lots of veggies -- including tomatoes and beets that could show up in your stool if not fully digested.
The spicy-flavored one could go more quickly through you and come out on the other end with undigested parts. You could get a hemoccult card from your doctor & check your stool sample for blood to make sure it's not that.

In brief: Could be

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Yes it can

V8 juice can cause red stools and when you stop drinking v8 it will clear.

In brief: Yes it can

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Steven Seres