Is natural peanut butter bad for teeth or acid reflux? There is no sugar in it.

Dr. Felicia Mata
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Sugar

When eaten by bacteria helps it grow and multiply.
The more bacteria, the more acid it can produce. There's 3.5 grams of carb in 1 tbsp of peanut butter (chunky). Acid reflux produces acid. Acid weakens the enamel...Ask you M.D. Re: Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine hcl) side effects, e.g. Dry mouth and stomach pain...Dry mouth can make you more susceptible to get decay. I hope this helps :).

In brief: Sugar

Dr. Felicia Mata
Dr. Felicia Mata
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry

In brief: Can have sugar

Just because it says natural does not mean there is no sugar in it.
Peanut butter can have added sugar. Since it can stick to your teeth and mouth it can linger for a long time and expose your teeth and feed the decay causing bacteria for a long time and cause decay.

In brief: Can have sugar

Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. Jack Hinkle