What could cause decreased sensation throughout the whole body inc. Face scalp gums genitals, could severe damage to peripheral nerves cause this?

See a doctor. The best way to find out what is going on with you is to see a doctor for an evaluation.It is not possible to give you an answer here.
Neurological. Your symptoms sound more neurological. I suggest you contact your medical doctor to evaluate as soon as possible.