What's a safe, effective and quick diet for a 18 year old female? Be more specific than eat healthy and exercise.I want lose 10-15 pounds.

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Eat less & exercise

The key to losing weight is to eat less, but not all calories are created equal.
Sugars & simple carbs from grains esp cause weight gain. I like dr. Furhman's diet: http://www.Drfuhrman.Com/library/what-is-a-nutritarian-diet.Aspx dr. Weil has useful info: www.Huffingtonpost.Com/andrew-weil-md/carbohydrates-weight-loss_b_1937312.Html- see his "discuss that" link in his article. Also see comment:.

In brief: Eat less & exercise

Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Quick diets are famous for not working- the quicker you lose weight the more likely you are to regain it when you stop the diet. The key is permanent dietary changes, which is why I like Dr. Furhman's Nutritarian diet so much. as it is a good long-term diet not only for weight loss but optimal health. You can accelerate weight loss with exercise- at least 30 minutes of aerobic activity (brisk walks/running/biking/swimming) most days. If you are really in a hurry you can try a raw food vegan diet for the first month- that usually results in quicker weight loss.
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Podiatry

In brief: Specifically why?

Decrease carbs and decrease sugars.
Stop eating bread and focus on vegetables and fruit (spinach, tomatos, apples, oranges, etc) and plain fish . Restrict any colas (no diet colas) and drink only water and skim milk. Above all, increase activities with yoga, stop sitting so much and jog at least 30 mins daily for 3 months. What's the specific reason for losing 10-15 lbs, what's your goal?

In brief: Specifically why?

Decrease carbs and decrease sugars.
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Dr. Arnon Rubin