How can I get rid of a sebaceous cyst on my scalp?

Dr. Joseph Mele
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Cut it out!

Sebaceous cysts are surgically removed.
This allows for removal of the mass and the lining of the cyst to prevent recurrence. Infected cysts are lanced to drain the contents, but will often recur. If the lining is not removed after the infection has cleared, the lining cells often survive the infection and will form another cyst.

In brief: Cut it out!

Sebaceous cysts are surgically removed.
Dr. Joseph Mele
Dr. Joseph Mele
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Trichilemmal Cyst

Definitive treatment is complete excision of the cyst.
Several methods can be used to surgically remove these cysts. A small linear incision, an elliptical excision and a circular dermal punch incision all are effective ways to remove the cysts. Scalp cysts are called trichilemmal cysts.

In brief: Trichilemmal Cyst

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher