What is pulmonary rehabilitation?

Program. It's a program for persons with pulmonary disease & their families which aims to reduce symptoms, decrease disability, increase participation in physical & social activities, & improve their overall quality of life. These goals are achieved through patient & family education, exercise training, psychosocial & behavioral intervention, & outcome assessment.
See below. Pulmonary rehabilitation is a term used for a series of exercises and interventions used for people with lung disease. The goals are to help someone with lung disease have more physical endurance and deal with the symptoms of shortness of breath which is often chronic. I have seen it be a valuable adjunct to other medical therapies such as medication.
Pulmonary rehab. Exercise program geared to people with lung disease. You exercise with a therapist to improve your conditioning. They teach you about your disease, diet, certain activities to reduce work of breathing among other things. .