My kid 17yrafter acth stimulation, after 1hr 8min, 17 oh progesterone-2.56 ng/ml, has acne, hirsutism, spotting before period, if it is locah, what treatment?

Dr. Cornelia Franz

In brief: Endocrinology

Did the endocrinologist who did the test discisus the results with you? They should and that is the one who can best answer your question.
I can suggest that acupuncture and chinese medicine can be very helpful if it is or is not locah. If it is locah, it will be a good adjunct to traditional treatment.

In brief: Endocrinology

Dr. Sudhir Bansal
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Adrenal hyperplasia

Normal levels of 17 hydroxy Progesterone are 2 to 9 mg/ ml in a stimulated state they can be upto 20 times that to consider a diagnosis of locah in your child there is a suggestion of hyper androgen state but not due to locah.

In brief: Adrenal hyperplasia

Dr. Eric Weisman