I have chronic sinusitis on one side and acute sinusitis on the other. The re is a foul odor coming from my nose, especially when draining. What to do?

Dr. Alen Cohen
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: See an ENT

If you have foul odor coming from the nose then usually you have a serious bacterial sinus infection that needs treatment asap.
You can start with neilmed sinus rinses two times a day until you see a nose/sinus specilaist. Once you see the specialist he will treat you with antibiotics and should get a ct scan of your sinuses. Definitive treatment can then be initiated. www.socalsinus.com.

In brief: See an ENT

Dr. Alen Cohen
Dr. Alen Cohen
Dr. Alexander Gorup
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Can be helped

You need to get seen and start some antibiotics.
May consider seeing an ENT specialist.

In brief: Can be helped

May consider seeing an ENT specialist.
Dr. Alexander Gorup
Dr. Alexander Gorup
Dr. Franklyn Gergits
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Sinusitis

Greetings. The treatment of choice in my practice for chronic sinusitis would be an antibiotic, possibly a steroid medication, a nasal spray and a follow up visit after the medication has been completed.
Further evaluation such as a nasal endoscopy or ct scan may be helpful to check for recovery.

In brief: Sinusitis

Dr. Franklyn Gergits
Dr. Franklyn Gergits
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine