What is the best treatment for vesicovaginal fistula?

Surgery. When a vesicovaginal fistula has developed, usually after delivery, surgery or radiotherapy, surgery is the treatment. Depending on the exact condition and size, your gynecologist may correct this, or they may need assistance from a urogynecologist or urologist. The most difficult cases are after radiotherapy for pelvic cancers, as these tissues can be slow to heal.
Excision. If a true fistula exists. The entire tract needs to be removed. If it is just over sown it will just reform the fistula is in essence a tube connecting the bladder and the vagina. That tube needs to be removed then all of the layers closed separately.