What do you recommend for non venomous snake bite?

David Miller

In brief: ER

Non-venomous snake bites can be very painful and at high risk for infection.
Certainly cleaning the area with soap and water is the best first step. If any signs of infection develop (worsening pain, redness and swelling are the most common) then you should seek medical care. I am hoping you are certain the bite was from a non-venomous snake.

In brief: ER

David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Kevin O'neil
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Urogynecology

In brief: Tetanus shot

If you are absolutely sure the snake is non-venomous, keeping the area clean is critical.
Also, you should get a tetanus shot if you've not had one in the past 5 years. See a doctor immediately if the area becomes warm, red or swollen.

In brief: Tetanus shot

Dr. Kevin O'neil
Dr. Kevin O'neil
Dr. Joseph Bouvier

In brief: Wound care

Cleaning of the wound, tetnus update if needed and watching for signs of infection are all that are generally needed.

In brief: Wound care

Dr. Joseph Bouvier
Dr. Joseph Bouvier