I had 2 seizures upon waking at age 16 been fine since im 30 now but still take Dilantin my levels never higher then 2.3.Am i epileptic?

Dr. William Singer
Pediatrics - Neurology

In brief: Epilepsy

The usual definition of epilepsy is having more than one seizure as a result of a brain abnormality.
After 14 years since your last seizure, there is a likelihood that you no longer need your dilantin. You should consult your neurologist and check on your last eeg result. A new study may be helpful. If it does not show epileptiform discharges, you may be able to stop dilantin.

In brief: Epilepsy

Dr. Eric Weisman