How can I prevent asthma symptoms after exercise?

Use inhaler. Once your asthma symptoms has been well controlled except for exercise-induced bronchospasms, an additional 2-3 puffs of albuterol/xopenex inhalation 10 minutes before exercise should be helpful.
Treatment... This is called exercise-induced asthma. The treatment includes the use of a bronchodilator inhaler before you begin exercising and have it available for use once you stop exercising. See your doctor so that this can be prescribed for you. It is usually effective in controlling these symptoms, allowing you to exercise.
Albuterol before. Use 2 puffs of albuterol 20 minutes before exercise to prevent wheezing from exercise induced brochospasm. This treatment may not prevent wheezing due to poorly controlled asthma which becomes more symptomatic with exercise.