What are the most common symptoms of burning mouth syndrome?

Only in your mouth. In primary burning mouth syndrome (bms) only oral structures hurt - tongue, lips, the lining (mucosa) & the palate (roof) of your mouth. In secondary bms - caused by nutritional deficiency, reflux, nasal obstruction, diabetes, medication, anxiety - you will likely have additional non-oral symptoms. I hope you have discussed this with your doctor.
Below. Burning sensation most commonly affects tongue, dry mouth, taste changes or loss of taste.