Should I still go to work if I have Achilles tendon injuries?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: Possibly
If you have ruptured your tendon you will probably already have had surgical repair and will be on crutches for a while.
If you can work effectively such as a desk job, this shouldn't be a problem. But if you need active movement at work, or the circumstances of your crutches and comfort put you or coworkers at risk, then you should stay at home.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Steven Arbit
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Depends
This depends on what kind of injury you have and what kind of work you do.
If you have a strain and have a sedentary job, of course. If you have a complete tear and climb steel girders, of course not. Most people will be in between.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Steven Arbit
Dr. Steven Arbit