My wife thinks I should see someone for my obesity. Should i?

In brief: Maybe

If your weight is already starting to cause health issues such hypertension, diabetes, and sleep apnea than absolutely yes.
Once your body mass index exceeds 30 (bmi= wt in kg/ ht in m2) you are at a much greater risk of these problems developing. If your bmi exceeds 40, then most likely these issues won't resolve without surgery. Talk to your pcp about weight loss options.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Matthew St. Laurent
Dr. Matthew St. Laurent
Dr. Gail Altschuler
Bariatrics

In brief: If you are ready

It only works when you are ready.
It has to be your choice. If you are significantly overweight and your health is impacted, you may benefit from professional help. 55% of people who lose weight and keep it off do so with the help of a formal program. The causes of obesity can be complex so why not get as much support as possible.

In brief: If you are ready

It only works when you are ready.
Dr. Gail Altschuler
Dr. Gail Altschuler
Dr. Adam Smith