My wife thinks I should see someone for my finger laceration. Should i?

Yes. Finger and hand lacerations (cuts) need further evaluation by a qualified physician because it is very easy to damage other structures, such as nerves or tendons. Also, it is very easy to get an infection in your fingers or hands, and those can spread very quickly and become a serious problem if untended.
Depends on the lac. There are a few things that can be injured in a finger lac. Sensory nerves and tendons can be injured even in seemingly minor lacerations. If these are not repaired when injured they can cause permanent damage. Minor lacerations on the tip of the finger may not need suturing but at the very least should be thoroughly cleaned.
Laceration treatment. Lacerations come in many different shapes and sizes that result in different types of management. A laceration on your finger - even if shallow - can result in an infection in some cases. Infections on the extremities are often-times more challenging to treat and should be prevented if at all possible. Scarring is another concern for many people and can be improved with early wound closure.
Treatment of finger. If this is a superficial laceration, very little if any care is required as long as good wound care principles are followed. On the other hand, deeper lacerations compromising nerves, tendons, muscles or bone or soft tissue loss may require surgical intervention.