Am i right that it's no issue to take dong quai while i take an anti depressant(prozac) ?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Donq quai

I agree with dr. Ali about the typical uses of dong quai.
However, some compounds in the plant may increase the effect of ssri's. Also, combining the 2 may risk bleeding. Most likely this would be easy bruising or petechial (tiny) hemorrhages that look like a rash. I would be very cautious with this combination. Depending on the effect you're seeking, there may be safer options.

In brief: Donq quai

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Dong quai

Also called chinese angelica, is widely used in traditional chinese medicine to treat fatigue, mild anemia & high blood pressure.
It contains coumarins, phytosterols, polysaccharides, ferulate & flavonoids. It is also used in pms & menopause symptoms & as antioxidant. It can be taken with prozac, (fluoxetine) but caution if using blood thinners due to increase risk of bleeding.

In brief: Dong quai

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali