My brother says I should get treated because once in a while I get scrotal swelling? Is he right?

Scrotal swelling. Scrotal swelling has many possible causes, and should be evaluated by your primary care physician or a urologist. An exam in the office is helpful, and an ultrasound may also be of use in establishing the diagnosis.