My brother says I should get treated because once in a while I get loss of memory? Is he right?

Needs to be checked. Some memory loss can be corrected or reversible. Others may not. He may be depressed or stressed out. The neuropsychologist is the best bet for the evaluation of early memory loss after all the lab workup and imaging studies of head are negative for any pathologic changes of memory loss.The treatment of the memory loss is based on the outcome of the neuropsychological evaluation.
Loss of memory. There are questionnaires that help to assess how bad is the memory or whether or not there is dementia. Neurologists may confirm the diagnosis. There is no blood test or scan that helps to confirm the diagnosis. Some drs prefer to start medications for dementia early even when in doubt of the diagnosis. Early treatment is more beneficial than late.